Extraordinary Barriers to Sound: Armstrong Tectum Acoustical Ceiling and Wall Panels
Sound matters. Walls and ceilings can easily go unnoticed, yet they are a strategic part of any space when considering sound. Noise is the number one complaint in the workplace. Students are affected by acoustics in classrooms, and employees from hospitals often complain of unwanted noise as one of the leading sources of distraction for both patients and staff. Armstrong’s Tectum wall and ceiling panels feature the ideal combination of both sound blocking, sound absorption, aesthetics, and durability.
Made From Nature
Always keeping an eye on sustainability, Armstrong Tectum panels are made of fibers from one of the most sustainably harvested trees of its kind, the Wisconsin Aspen. Aspen trees quickly regenerate from their root system after the trunks have been harvested. Plus, many Tectum panels are certified by the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC), ensuring wood comes from responsibly managed forests. Tectum products are made of natural fibers and binders that are turned into unique, sound-absorbing, textured ceiling and wall panels that bring nature inside.
Why Choose Armstrong Tectum Panels?
- Armstrong Tectum wall panels come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. Ranging from factory finish, white, or custom color, to designs with provided artwork, these resilient panels can be repainted up to six times without impacting the acoustic (or fire) performance.
- Tectum® is ideal to blend durability and unique visuals making for unlimited design options that combine texture, shapes, linear designs, patterns, and colors with sustainable, acoustical Tectum DesignArt™ Ceiling and Wall panels. Mix and match 46 standard Shapes and Lines to create your own unique visual- 30 standard Shapes direct-attach ceiling and wall panels- 8 standard Lines direct-attach ceiling and wall panels- 8 standard Lines tegular ceiling panels- 24 new standard colors inspired by nature.
- Armstrong Tectum panels can be installed in floating systems or directly to walls or ceilings in either vertical or horizontal positions, making them an easy way to add acoustics where needed to almost any facility or building. These panels are also part of CleanAssure™ portfolio ensuring easy maintenance.
- Any kind of acoustical installation involves an NRC. NRC stands for Noise Reduction Coefficient. It is the average sound absorption coefficient measured at four frequencies: 250, 500, 1,000, and 2,000 Hz. The NRC is averaged over all angles and sound frequencies and represents the average absorption per unit area. All Armstrong acoustic wall and ceiling products have an NRC listed so buyers can measure the need for their acoustical barriers.
Armstrong Tectum acoustical wall and ceiling panels are an excellent way to reduce noise within a space. Durable, sustainable, noise control with design flexibility make the Armstrong portfolio of commercial acoustical walls has a solution for your sound dilemma. Ask your Continental Flooring representative about more available options. We can offer materials only or complete installation services. GSA Buyers may wish to register online to view GSA pricing. This feature allows buyers quick, up-to-date access to 14 different GSA contracted manufacturers. Please feel free to call us for product advice, free samples, assistance in specifications, or to place an order. One call does it all!
We hope you have a basic understanding of who we are and what we do. Please feel free to contact us for product advice, free samples, assistance in specifications, or to place an order. We welcome contract purchases, formal bids, RFQs or Open Market requirements. One call will do it all!
Contact Us Today!
Call Toll Free 800-825-1221 | Request a Quote
Shopping Online? Click Here For Material Only Orders
Continental Flooring has been servicing government agencies since 1979, and continues to be a top flooring and ceiling provider in the public sector.
- Federal, State, County, and Municipalities
- Schools, Colleges, and Universities
- Public Housing Authority (PHA)