With the onset of the coronavirus, many things throughout the world of construction may change, with floors and ceilings being no exceptions. In addition to touchless technology, public (and private) spaces will focus more attention than ever to cleanliness and anti-microbial surfaces. Healthy environments will be key for public safety in the future, and we have multiple products for you to explore as you begin to consider the next wave of possibilities.
Armstrong Vinyl Flooring
Vinyl flooring has been a mainstay in healthcare for decades:
- No fillers.
- No waxing.
- Tough on heavy traffic.
Armstrong’s single-layered homogenous sheet flooring options (ColorArt™ Medintech® , Medintech Plus and Medintone™ products) feature patent-pending Diamond 10™ Technology an enhanced level of performance. Armstrong sheet vinyl can be heat welded and flash coved for spaces demanding superior infection control. This helps facilities minimize the impact of healthcare associated infections with flooring that has been clean room certified and extremely successful in sterile and aseptic areas.
FLEXCO Rubber Flooring (Tile and Sheet)
Naturally resistant to mold and mildew, FLEXCO® rubber floors are designed for durability, versatility and slip resistance, plus they’re very quiet and comfortable under foot.
- PVC free rubber tile, sheet and tread.
- Natural resistance to bacteria and fungi in accordance with ASTM G 2.
- Homogeneous color
- Low maintenance, no waxing required
- Quiet and extremely comfortable walking surface
Notrax Anti-microbial Matting
Matting can be used throughout a facility:
- Anti-microbial formula resists most Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria
- Durable rubber top surface easy to wipe clean using most hospital grade cleaners and autoclaves
- Long Lasting
- Slip Resistant
Notrax’s 448 AUTOCLAVEABLE BUBBLE MAT is a rubber antifatigue floor mat with a bubble top design. Offset bubbles on both the top and bottom of the mat provides flex and creates airflow resulting in maximum comfort for workers required to be on their feet for long periods of time. An industrial grade anti-microbial agent that inhibits the growth of most Gram positive and Gram-negative bacteria and fungus is manufactured directly into the rubber compound. This ensures that the anti-microbial properties won’t wear-off over time like many post applied topical agents.
M + A Matting Message and Clean Stride Mats
Message mats offer a unique way to get out important information. Recommended for area where you would like to identify locations, or remind employees or visitors.
- Provides important messages while capturing dirt and moisture.
- Helps reduce slip-and-fall accidents.
- Available in a variety of sizes.
The Clean Stride mat features a WaterHog mat followed by an adhesive surface that captures smaller dust and dirt. Just two steps on a Clean Stride adhesive insert removes over 90% of dirt particles, making this mat ideal for clean rooms, healthcare facilities, school gymnasiums, server rooms, and other areas sensitive to dirt and dust particles.
- Raised nubs on the WaterHog mat remove dirt and moisture from shoes and trap it below foot level while the adhesive insert removes any remaining dirt or dust particles.
- Available with smooth or cleated backing.
Recommended for indoor use at the entryway to clean rooms, server rooms, selected healthcare facilities, and other areas sensitive to dirt and dust particles, or in areas with flooring that can be easily damaged by debris on the bottom of shoes, like gymnasiums. Absolutely not recommended for use in wet areas.
Ceramic Tile (with Microban® Technology)
Hard surfaces are naturally durable and have a timeless aesthetic value, with the addition of Microban®, ceramic tile becomes a game changer.
- Effective against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria.
- Continuous protection on the floor.
- Can’t be washed off or consumed.
- Actively protects for the life of the floor.
Daltile has teamed up with Microban®, a leader in antimicrobial product protection. Microban Technology is incorporated into the glaze during the manufacturing process so it starts working the moment the tile is complete. It’s designed to inhibit the growth of stain- and odor-causing bacteria on the surface of the tile. Plus, it won’t wash off or wear away, giving the tile design an added level of durable, long-lasting protection – perfect for high-traffic environments. Unlike other anti-microbial agents on the market, Microban® doesn’t require UV light to be effective.
Anti-microbial Ceiling Tiles (with BioBlock)
Armstrong offers a full line of mold/mildew resistant solutions.
- Effective control of bio-contamination is essential in the healthcare sector, especially in hospitals and clinics, in an effort to reduce infection rates.
- Anti-microbial ceiling tiles made of mineral fiber are treated with BioBlock coating to resist the growth of mold and mildew. Fiberglass tiles inherently resist the growth of mold and mildew.
Ceiling tiles with BioBlock performance resist the growth of mold and mildew. For enhanced resistance, there’s HealthZone ceilings with BioBlock Plus performance. HealthZone ceiling tiles with BioBlock Plus performance resist the growth of mold and mildew, and resist odor and stain causing bacterial growth. (Some Armstrong ceilings (HZ Panel) can effectively restrain mold multiplication, thus suited to healthcare environment and clean room spaces)
We are here to help! While we are featuring products offered by a few manufacturers, each manufacturer may have specific offerings suitable for your facility. To help select the right products for your application and budget, please speak with one of our flooring experts. GSA Buyers may wish to register online to view GSA pricing. This feature allows buyers quick, up-to-date access to 17 different GSA contracted manufacturers. Please feel free to call us for product advice, free samples, assistance in specifications, or to place an order. One call does it all!