Vinyl composition tile has been a standard in commercial facilities since the early 1920’s and continues to be a mainstay product for a variety of reasons. This through-pattern product holds up in high-traffic areas and can be found in educational settings, commercial offices, airports, hospitals, public housing and many other facilities. Below are some of the main reasons this product is specified:
- Typically, a lower initial cost than other types of flooring
- Withstands heavy foot traffic
- Through-pattern offers long life value for most producers
- Made in USA
- Recyclable options from most producers
- Newer options offer more sizes and patterns for design creativity
- Can be utilized in a variety of applications throughout a facility
- Logos and graphics can be cut into the tile for customization using waterjet technology
- Lowered maintenance costs and effort with new finishes compared to earlier offerings
Manufacturers like Armstrong Flooring have made innovative steps to make this popular product perform even better. By adding Diamond 10 Technology coating, the product has enhanced scratch, stain and scuff resistance. The coating, also offers reduced maintenance which helps in the long run and can also mean a faster installation with less down time.
VCT Manufacturers Include:
- Armstrong Flooring by AHF Products (includes former Mannington VCT)
- Tarkett (formerly Azrock)
We welcome the opportunity to discuss your next flooring project with you whether for vinyl composition tile or any other flooring product.
We hope you have a basic understanding of who we are and what we do. Please feel free to contact us for product advice, free samples, assistance in specifications, or to place an order. We welcome contract purchases, formal bids, RFQs or Open Market requirements. One call will do it all!
Contact Us Today!
Continental Flooring has been servicing government agencies since 1979, and continues to be a top flooring and ceiling provider in the public sector.
- Federal, State, County, and Municipalities
- Schools, Colleges, and Universities
- Public Housing Authority (PHA)