Mats are magnificent! And, mats do make a difference protecting and extending the life of your resilient flooring and carpeting. Floor mats offer a variety of solutions for your facility, including entrance mats, logo mats, anti-fatigue mats, slip resistant safety mats, flow through mats and anti-static mats. Here are some excellent reasons you need mats:
1. Stop soil and water at the door. Statistics say that 85% of all soil enters a building on the feet of building occupants. Of this, at least 80% is dry soil and the rest is oily. The dry soil can range from large particles to powder-like dust, but an entrance mat can stop as much as 85-95% of dirt that is tracked inside. Keep in mind that a single square yard of carpet can gather as much as a pound of dust and dirt in a week, and it’s worse in bad weather.
2. Provide safe surfaces. Slip-resistant mats are a must. Slips and falls are the 2nd leading cause of workplace injuries. Slip resistant and safety mats help provide safe working areas for employees and visitors to facilities. 85% of worker’s compensation claims are attributed to employees slipping on slick floors. The utilization of slip resistant mats is an ideal solution to prevent such accidents from occurring. (Rubber-backed mats provide a better slip resistance than vinyl-backed mats. Rubber-backed mats do not curl as do vinyl mats thus reducing trip and fall exposure. Some rubber-backed mats have cleated surfaces on the bottom that further enhances non-skid properties and allows moisture to dry from underneath the mat.)
3. Improve indoor air quality. The soles of shoes can carry toxic chemicals, pesticides and other pollutants into your building. Dust, chemicals and contaminants can be stirred up during regular traffic, elevating levels of indoor pollution and causing issues for those with asthma, allergies and sensitivities. You never know where people have walked before they come through your door and a good mat will trap contaminants. (It’s important to remember to properly clean and maintain your mats per the manufacturer instructions in order to get rid of the trapped debris.)
4. Protect your floor and save money on interior maintenance. Save on mops, cleaning and other labor associated with maintaining your floor. Your floor is a valuable investment, but over time, tracking over bare floor can cause damage and deterioration to the floor’s finish.
5. Make the right impression and brand your business with a logo mat. Logo mats have become very popular. Custom mats allow companies to include a logo, slogan, mascot, etc. and are available in multiple colors. Logos or other designs can be replicated on the face of numerous styles of mats without any setup charge. Logo mats add a professional look to any entrance, while acting as a further barrier to keep contaminants from entering a facility.
6. Provide comfort and increase productivity with anti-fatigue mats. Per the American College of Occupational & Environmental Science, 38% of workers in the US suffer from fatigue. Anti-Fatigue mats are available in a wide range of sizes, weights and materials. It has been proven that the proper use of anti-fatigue mats can enhance worker productivity by over 20%. These mats are designed for use wherever workers spend time standing and will help to eliminate muscular skeletal disorders.
7. The right solution for wet areas with flow-through mats. Flow through mats allow liquids to pass through them to eliminate slip hazards. These mats also provide anti-fatigue properties that offer comfort when standing for long periods of time. The thick rubber helps alleviate stress on the legs, feet and lower back.
8. Eliminate static electricity. Regardless of size, most businesses use some form of machinery. Electrical equipment allows static electricity to build which can lead to a safety risk for workers and may cause problems with computers and other equipment. Both manufacturing facilities and office buildings will benefit from anti-static mats. These kinds of mats are ideal around sensitive machinery or computers and remove the static electricity before equipment is touched.
9. Finding the way. Directional mats are an effective way to organize waiting areas and can be used to define where lines begin and end so customers know where to go or stand.
10. Flooring mats are functional, necessary and cool. Continental is proud offer a full line of floor mats from multiple manufacturers.
Continental’s floor covering experts can help guide you through available choices for your requirement. Continental Flooring is here for you every step of the way. Let us help you make your mats matter!
One call does it all!