The supply chain challenges are hitting industries worldwide, and floor and ceiling coverings are no exception. Freight slowdowns and unpredictable import deliveries are causing shortages and delays. This trend is pushing buyers back to basics… Buy American. “Made in the USA” is an appealing label in today’s tumultuous economy. Domestic production is up for manufacturers nationwide. Excellent product quality and generally faster shipping times make purchasing U.S. made products even more appealing. In addition, warranty work is more easily processed when returns or reorders don’t involve international shipping. It’s a win win for buyers across the country.
With so many products to choose from, it may be difficult for buyers to determine which floor and ceiling products are manufactured in the United States. To make it easy to find carpet, vinyl flooring, ceramic tile, floor mats and ceiling products that are “made in America,” we have compiled the list below as a guide.
Made in the USA Flooring and Ceiling Tile:
- Armstrong boasts flooring products made in America, including Vinyl Composition Tile (VCT), Luxury Vinyl Tile & Plank (LVT) (including Natural Creations with Diamond 10 Technology), BioBased Tile (BBT), and wall base. Armstrong has 14 Points of production in the U.S. (see a list here).
- Armstrong Ceiling & Wall Systems are manufactured domestically with points of production in Pennsylvania, Georgia, Florida, Oregon, and Ohio. U.S. made systems include Soundsoak® Acoustical Wall Panels, and ceiling tile systems (both mineral fiber and fiberglass).
- Everlast by Ecore has been transforming reclaimed waste into unique surfaces that make people’s lives better since 1871. Ecore is comprised of four business units: Ecore Athletic, Ecore Commercial Flooring, Ecore Construction, and Ecore Industrial. Points of production for fitness flooring (rolls and tiles) and Ultra Tile are Lancaster and York, Pennsylvania.
- Some of Congoleum’s resilient sheet, tile, and plank products are made in the USA. Congoleum has a long history of supporting American jobs and American workers. Since 1886 Congoleum has manufactured all resilient sheet products in the Northeastern United States. The sheet manufacturing plant is based in Trainer, Pennsylvania, while some tile and plank products are made in Trenton, New Jersey and have been since 1947.
- Crossville was the first tile manufacturer in Tennessee (est. 1986), Crossville is the leading American manufacturer of beautiful, sustainable porcelain floor and wall tile solutions. From introducing the nation’s first large-format porcelain tiles, to becoming the first and only net consumer of tile waste materials (meaning they recycle even more than they produce), to developing cutting-edge performance innovations that turn mere surfaces into “breathing” living environments— Crossville is committed to pioneering products and practices that change the way the world views tile. Point of production is Crossville, Tennessee.
- Daltile has grown from a humble manufacturing center in Dallas, Texas to a nationwide name brand. Daltile produces and/or distributes millions of square feet of tile and natural stone each year with a large number of products made in the USA, including ceramic tile, wall tile, and quarry tile. Points of production include, Alabama, Kentucky, New York, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Washington.
- Shaw Contract Group is more than a flooring manufacturer. Shaw Contract Group is a global design leader, manufacturing high performance flooring products ideal for any commercial environment. A number of their products are manufactured in the U.S., including broadloom carpet, carpet tile, hardwood and some hard surfaces. Point of production is Dalton, Georgia.
Note: These “Made in USA flooring and ceiling products are available on our GSA Contract Numbers 47QSWA19D0097 and GS-27F-0034R.
We are here to help you select and order flooring made in the USA. Please add our website to your list of favorites and check back periodically as we continue to grow our product lines and offerings. We are committed to fulfilling our role as government flooring (and ceiling system) specialists by offering you the best pricing, selection and service nationwide. Please feel free to call us for product advice, free samples, assistance in specifications, or to place an order. One call does it all!