The New and Evolved World of Commercial Gym Flooring
There was a time when commercial gyms had limited flooring options. Today, commercial gyms are booming, and gym flooring and sport flooring has grown into a massive sector in the industry. Gym flooring has evolved. As facilities have grown and changed, gym flooring has had to keep step and plays a vital role in functionality. There are several factors to consider when planning your commercial gym floor including:
- Safety and comfort – types of activities to take place on the surface
- Durability – how much weight and wear that will be put on the floor
- Multi-functionality – how the space will be used in the future and the life cycle of the floor
- The condition and type of subfloor
- Ease of installation
- Maintenance needs
Types of Commercial Gym Flooring
Once you have assessed what you need from your commercial gym floor, it’s time to decide on the right product. Most facilities choose wood, rubber flooring, and luxury vinyl plank.
Wood Gym Floors
Wood flooring for commercial gyms can be used anything from basketball and volleyball courts to dance or aerobic room floors. Wood gym floors can be anchored, floating, or portable depending on level of activity on the floor, budget, and size of the facility. Portable wood floors are easy to install and remove and often allow for a multi-use in facility.
Rubber flooring is a staple product in many commercial gyms. Durable and flexible, rubber can come in countless colors, motifs, and sizes. Rubber flooring is available in:
- Rolls (most cost effective, no seams, reduced tripping hazard)
- Interlocking tiles (excellent for heavy use, no adhesive, easily moved and replaced)
- Heavy duty mats (absorbs shock, reduces noise, can be customized with colors or graphics)
Luxury Vinyl Plank (LVP)
Luxury vinyl plank has a number of gym flooring advantages including being water-resistant, low maintenance, resistant to mold and mildew. However, LVP may not be as shock resistant as rubber flooring.
Whatever your needs for your commercial gym flooring, Continental has the answer. Several manufacturers offer excellent products and styles, including Flexco, Ecore, Roppe, Gerflor, and Dinoflex. Continental Flooring can offer just the materials for your commercial gym project, or complete installation services. Be sure you explore all your options
Be sure you explore all your options to find what’s right for you. Ask your Continental Flooring representative about our available commercial gym flooring products!
Please feel free to contact us for product advice, free samples, assistance in specifications, or to place an order. We welcome contract purchases, formal bids, RFQs or Open Market requirements. One call will do it all!
Contact Us Today!
Call Toll Free 800-825-1221 | Request a Quote
- Federal, State, County, and Municipalities
- Schools, Colleges, and Universities
- Public Housing Authority (PHA)
Continental Flooring has been servicing government agencies since 1979 and continues to be a top flooring and ceiling provider in the public sector.